Wednesday, January 27, 2010

MMMBop

So, back in the late 1990's when the little blond trio named Hanson came out with their signature song, I wanted nothing to do with it. It was a song that spoke to preteen girls and being a Junior/Senior in high school, that was way below me. I was listening to Ani, Tori, Pearl Jam, Led, and Sinatra. Recently while listening to the XM/Sirius channel 90s on 9 I reheard MmmBob and was amazed. I like it. I actually sang along and danced in my car. It made me feel good sitting in traffic. It lifted my spirits. It was at about this point I realized I was getting old. I didn't care if anyone knew I was listening to one of the most teeniebopperish songs of all time. I really liked it. I'm not saying I would go out and buy their CD or see them perform live, but I give them props for writing a really great song.

No comments:

Post a Comment